[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sascha Heller <ripperfox at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPv6 Support on m0n0wall?
 Date:  Thu, 26 Feb 2004 01:08:12 +0100
Hello m0n0wall users,

Version 1.0 includes IPIP (protocol 41) tunnel redirection in Advanced
config.

AFAIK this makes m0n0wall the only free available out-of-the-box router
solution with IPIP-tunnel support.

Very big thanks to Manuel & the supporters who made this possible - I
searched a _very_ long time to find a small CF-bootable solution for my
network with this feature!

Fli4L (which I used before), Smoothballs, IPCop, and most other
Linux-based routing solutions are IPv4 only and won't support NAT on
protocol 41 - AFAIR only GRE/proto 47 masquerading modules are available)

Ok, now here's my big question:

Are there plans to integrate native IPv6 support on the m0n0wall itself?
LAN/WAN IPv6 support, Router Advertisement Daemon, eventually tunnel
broker/helper software would be a "nice to have" for most geeks around.

M0n0wall (as based on FreeBSD) has excellent networking capabilities -
why not use more of them?

As a matter of concept another question comes to me:

In what way could I customize my m0n0wall? I guess some ppl would die
for ISDN support where others would like to have another feature in m0n0.

Has there been a discussion about installable feature packets yet?

I installed my first m0n0wall about 20 hours ago (look at time of this
posting :) and I'm still all for it.

Please excuse my enthusiasm / maybe bad English  :)

Greets

Sascha Heller