[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Demetrios Savvides" <demetrios at w3 dot co dot za>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Inbound NAT (port mapping)
 Date:  Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:56:02 +0200
I have not had a problem before the NAT was changed in  previous
however, now I seem to have a problem.
I have changed the GUI port to 81
I am using dynamic DNS to update the host to the new IP each time I
The m0n0wall WAN connection is a PPPoE connection and I am assignd a
different IP each time.

The LAN IP is
I have a machine inside the lan ( running a web server.
All this works...
Here is my problem:
I have added a firewall rule to allow to on port 80
(TCP/UDP) on the WAN interface.
In Inbound NAT I have added a rule :
Proto: (TCP/UDP)
source port 80
destination IP :
destination port : 80
But when trying to access the web server (site) from outside (WAN side)
it does not come up.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Demetrios Savvides