[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dana Spiegel <dana at sociableDESIGN dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VoIP QOS
 Date:  Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:56:13 -0500
What I'd like to do is configure my m0n0wall router to support QoS for
my vonage VOIP adapter.

I would like the simplest configuration that:

- provides no bandwidth shaping when I'm not using my VOIP adapter
- provides a dedicated 64k pipe for my VOIP adapter when in use,
allowing whatever other bandwidth is available to be used without
restriction

My VOIP adapter will have a fixed internal IP (needed to forward
certain ports through m0n0wall anyway).

What I'm looking for are simple instructions. I've never used a traffic
shaper before, but have lots of Unix/Linux experience...

Can anyone help?

Much thanks in advance,

sociableDESIGN  ::  www.sociableDESIGN.com
123 Bank Street, Suite 510, New York, NY 10014