[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joel Desrochers" <joelgroup at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VPN client for Win2000 and WinXP
 Date:  Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:26:48 -0500
Hi,

Thank you for a great product.
I have been using m0n0 since PB23.

I am considering using the VPN features of m0n0 for the first time.
I would like to have clients ('nix and m$ based) come into the VPN on a
one-to-one basis into my network.  A combination of techies and traveling
sales-people.  The remotes will have broadband on their end also.  I figure
around 10 people will have it and plan to support around 3-5 concurrently.

My m0n0 config is as follows:
Mono CD .ISO V1.0  * congratulations on this milestone!
P200 / 256MB RAM / 2x 3com 10/100
Cable modem with dynamic IP address (Dyn-DNS is setup)
600k down / 100k up

My questions are:

1) What is the preferred VPN method to attach PC's one at a time via the
Internet?
2) What VPN client software should be used on the 'nix and m$ remote PCs?
3) What is the best way to configure this in m0n0?
4) Is there any way to test/predict hardware and bandwidth performance?

Any additional info / doc / web links are appreciated.

Thank you again for an excellent firewall.
It is faster, more reliable, and more feature-rich than my previous Linux
firewall.

Joel Desrochers
joelgroup at hotmail dot com