[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Arnold Cavazos Jr." <abcjr at abcjr dot net>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] MTU/MSS and PPPoE
 Date:  Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:16:46 -0600
On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 05:35:16PM +0100, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> On 27.02.2004 10:10 -0600, Arnold Cavazos Jr. wrote:
>
> > Now I can set the MTU of the ethernet Interface of 'Inside Host' to
> > 1492 and then things work fine.  That is one way to be done and
> > have it fixed for good, but I would much rather figure out what I
> > am doing, or have done wrong.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Is it possible that you turned off NAT? MSS clamping in m0n0wall is
> done with ipnat.

I do believe that I have turned off NAT.  The LAN netblock is public IP
space, so I have Enabled advanced outbound NAT and left the rules empty.

> MPD 3.16 has an MSS clamping option, but I'm not sure what its impact
> on performance is (i.e. whether data will keep being processed in the
> kernel only when it's on).
>
> - Manuel

Interesting question for sure.  I don't have a complete picture in my
mind how everything fits together.  The use of netgraph (4) is new to
me.

--
Arnold Cavazos, Jr.		abcjr at abcjr . net