[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brandon W. Holland" <Brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 To:  "Andrew Lewis" <andrew at coastal dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IDS integration w/m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:39:15 -0600
This is true, I was making the assumption that the nics are probably
100baseT and wan speed less is probably 3 or less.

The hub will cause the cards to move a theoretical 33mbit max, which is
quite possibly ten times your interface speed.

If you need faster than that your company more than likely has the
resources for port mirroring (many manageable switches have this
feature)

Brandon