[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'Brandon W. Holland'" <Brandon at cookssaw dot com>, Andrew Lewis <andrew at coastal dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IDS integration w/m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 27 Feb 2004 22:00:54 +0100
Would a simple tap-'device' work in this situation?
Where you just connect the RX pair of a nic in your IDS box parrallel to
your RX pair on the m0n0, and this for each interface? Don't know about
impedance etc, but this should be possible someway (optocouplers?), and safe
to 'go around' the firewall this way, since the interfaces cannot be used to
transmit anything...

just so thoughts...

Joachim

MISSION STATEMENT