[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kevin Sexton <sexton at serasystems dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  config.xml not found with generic-pc-1.0.img
 Date:  Sat, 28 Feb 2004 01:00:55 -0800
I downloaded 1.0 earlier (generic-pc-1.0.img) today and "burned" it to a
32MB flash under Windows with physdiskwrite.  When I put the flash in a
PC I get:

FATAL ERROR

The device that contains the configuration file (config.xml) could not
be found.

The system halts at this point and doesn't boot of course.

My apologies if the answer to this question is listed already however I
could not find it among the FAQ or mailing archives.  There was one
person with the same question but it was unanswered.  I followed the
install instructions, which are incredibly simple.  Did I miss
something?  Does one have to put config.xml on the flash after writing
the image?  That is all I can think of.

The flash is Delkin Devices 32MB
The PC is based on a Via CL10000
Flash is on primary IDE channel