[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Payne Jr, Ash C" <Ash dot Payne at chartercom dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Cisco trunk m0n0wall
 Date:  Tue, 4 Oct 2011 10:22:46 -0500
Hi,

I'm having problems getting m0n0wall to speak through a cisco me3400 e-series.  I see output packets
being sent to m0n0wall but none coming back to the switch.  I've swapped network cards, switches,
ports, and all sorts of cables.  I just don't get it.

I setup the switchport for access and added the vlan- same problem
I setup the switchport for trunk and allowed the vlan- same problem
I've tried dot1q trunks between two ports- same problem.
I can plug a wireless access point or computer directly into the LAN port and everything works.
Adding the cisco switch to the equation breaks it.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Ashworth Payne
Network Tech - Charter Business - Asheville, NC

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The contents of this e-mail message and
any attachments are intended solely for the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message
or if this message has been addressed to you
in error, please immediately alert the sender
 by reply e-mail and then delete this message
and any attachments. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, copying,
or storage of this message or any attachment
is strictly prohibited.