[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] strange behavior with m0n0wall, PPPoE and Netgear Powerline connection.
 Date:  Mon, 07 Nov 2011 15:39:47 -0600
On 11/07/2011 02:54 PM, Peter Teunissen wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I've got an issue with m0n0wall and PPPoE that I can't explain.
>
> - I have FTTH, 50Mb up/down, dual stack, connection is through PPPoE
> - When used with the ISP supplied router, I get 7ms latency, and 50Mb up/down
> - When m0n0wall is connected directly to the FTU with a cable and responsible for setting up the
PPPoE, I get latency 7ms, 50+ up/down

I am willing to bet if you look at https://gateway/status_interfaces.php
  (Or http, and use whatever you use for a gateway IP) when you are
wired, you are full duplex, and when you are powerline, you are half
duplex.  Powerline adapters can do wierd things, and this may be it...
If so, you can force full duplex via shell commands in the config.

			Lee