[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Teunissen <lists at onemanifest dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] strange behavior with m0n0wall, PPPoE and Netgear Powerline connection.
 Date:  Mon, 7 Nov 2011 22:53:12 +0100
That's a good one. But no, just checked, WAN is full duplex when connected to the Powerline adapter.

On 7 nov. 2011, at 22:39, Lee Sharp wrote:

> On 11/07/2011 02:54 PM, Peter Teunissen wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>

>> I've got an issue with m0n0wall and PPPoE that I can't explain.
>>
>> - I have FTTH, 50Mb up/down, dual stack, connection is through PPPoE
>> - When used with the ISP supplied router, I get 7ms latency, and 50Mb up/down
>> - When m0n0wall is connected directly to the FTU with a cable and responsible for setting up the
PPPoE, I get latency 7ms, 50+ up/down

> I am willing to bet if you look at https://gateway/status_interfaces.php  (Or http, and use
whatever you use for a gateway IP) when you are wired, you are full duplex, and when you are
powerline, you are half duplex.  Powerline adapters can do wierd things, and this may be it... If
so, you can force full duplex via shell commands in the config.