[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] strange behavior with m0n0wall, PPPoE and Netgear Powerline connection.
 Date:  Thu, 10 Nov 2011 20:19:57 -0600
On 11/10/2011 05:45 PM, Peter Teunissen wrote:
> Even better! I opened up de firewall for ICMP type 3 and set the m0n0wall PPPoE MTU to 1435. The
download speed is now on the maximum the Powerline adapters are able to handle. Even upload is
increasing slightly. Ping remains the same.

> I think I need to do some reading on this MSS, PMTU, MTU and TCP frames. Does anyone have a link
to a useful networking primer? I mean, more that wikipedia can deliver, but not a whole book?

I can dig up a lot of old stuff on this, but to be honest, I recommend
putting that effort into IPv6 as it is coming, and m0n0wall supports it.

			Lee