[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] strange behavior with m0n0wall, PPPoE and Netgear Powerline connection.
 Date:  Fri, 11 Nov 2011 22:45:00 -0600
On 11/11/2011 02:40 AM, Peter Teunissen wrote:
> So, to rephrase my question, any links to a good networking primer on both ipv4 and ipv6 are
welcome.

So I went digging...  And a LOT of my old links are dead!  Wow!  I mean
a LOT!

So here is what is left...

An old Solaris primer died, but tracing it lead me here...
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19963-01/html/821-1453/gcvjj.html
Actually quate a lot of good low level stuff here.

Then a few on what a packet header is...  But before NAT, VPN, and other
encapsulation that kinda blows up the old 7 layer model.
http://www.javvin.com/protocolIP.html
http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/~gorry/eg3561/inet-pages/ip-packet.html
http://www.freesoft.org/CIE/Course/Section3/7.htm

The last one above has some other sections with good info.  But a lot of
my best information is now gone.  Sorry.

			Lee