[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  NAT from the LAN
 Date:  Sat, 12 Nov 2011 22:13:30 -0600
1.33 adds this change:

"inbound NAT rules can now be added on the LAN interface with the WAN address as a target; this
helps with accessing servers on an optional interface from the LAN interface by using m0n0wall's WAN
IP address"

Does that literally mean ONLY optional interfaces, and that a LAN->WAN IP->LAN connection is still
not supported?  Does "target" mean the "NAT IP" field in the firewall rule edit page?

Overall I saw some odd behavior when experimenting with this, which may have been me shooting myself
in the foot.  :)  I added a NAT rule on LAN for HTTPS to point to a WAN IP, and when saving I lost
connection halfway through the page load, but was immediately able to reconnect.  (It probably
didn't help that I was connected to m0n0wall using HTTPS at the time.)  However I then edited that
rule, and though my change was recorded (but not yet Applied) all the firewall rules had been
erased/lost, but I could restore from backup.

--
Thanks,

Steve Yates
ITS, Inc.