[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tonix (Antonio Nati)" <tonix at interazioni dot it>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] CARP and OUT rules
 Date:  Thu, 08 Sep 2011 10:46:22 +0200
Il 08/09/2011 02:01, Joey Morin ha scritto:
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Tonix (Antonio Nati)
> <tonix at interazioni dot it>wrote:
>
>> Il 07/09/2011 22:32, Joey Morin ha scritto:
>>
>>   On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Tonix (Antonio Nati)
>>> <tonix at interazioni dot it>wrote:
>>>
>>>   With this small change manageability would become fantastic for ISP

>>> and
>>> maintain (especially in a situation with soooo many interfaces), it's
>>> unlikely that it would improve performance.  i suspect that the
>>> configuration feature you seek would still need to generate individual
>>> rules
>>> for each interface, either at configuration time or dynamically at run
>>> time.
>>>

>> Why?
>>
> i assumed that ipfilter would manage queues for each interface, rather than
> one big queue for the whole box.

You assume or you are sure about?
Watching how IP filter works, I think there is simply a large table to
scan, until a definitve STOP or OK is found.

Tonino

         Inter@zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
    http://www.interazioni.it       tonix at interazioni dot it