[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "lextre at trelex dot co dot uk" <lextre at trelex dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Disabling NAT
 Date:  Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:32:31 -0500
The WAN NIC has a static IP address assigned by my ISP and the LAN ip is
10.195.136.x.

When I check using services such as whatismyip the public ip is always
returned. I assumed (perhaps
incorrectly) that by completely disabling NAT any outgoing connections from
a workstation will use the
internal ip address or am I misunderstanding something?