[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steven Nusser <jaguar11735 at gmail dot com>
 To:  Mike Robison <mrobison at wts dot edu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ssh over an ipsec site to site tunnel
 Date:  Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:03:11 -0500
How is your firewall configured? In order for PMTUD (Path MTU Discovery) to
function correctly, ICMP 'Destination Unreachable' messages must be
permitted through the firewall. At least on my m0n0wall devices, I
typically allow all ICMP traffic through, although you should have the
option to only allow that specific ICMP type through. Setting this should
allow your computer to detect the lower MTU of the IPSEC link, and send
packets accordingly.

--
Steven C. Nusser