[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mike Robison <mrobison at wts dot edu>
 To:  Steven Nusser <jaguar11735 at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ssh over an ipsec site to site tunnel
 Date:  Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:26:52 -0500
Steven,
    That was a really interesting idea. And it makes sense. Sadly, I just
tried it and it doesn't seem to work for me. Just to make sure I understood
you correctly, I set up the following firewall rule on both firewalls:
<rule>
    <type>pass</type>
    <interface>wan</interface>
    <protocol>icmp</protocol>
    <source>
        <any/>
    </source>
    <destination>
        <any/>
    </destination>
        <descr>IPSec Path MTU Correction</descr>
</rule>
I don't know if the following impacts this, but earlier I turned on "Allow
fragmented IPSec packets" on both m0n0walls. Perhaps, by setting that, I
turned PMTUD off?
Mike Robison