I have 2 identical setups.
1) Physical machine running monowall 1.33
2) VMware Image running monowall 1.33
Note that the configurations are identical. This is not a PASV or ACTIVE
The problem I have is when trying to access an FTP server OUTSIDE my
network with the VMWARE image.
CommandLine FTP or any FTP client says "connected" but locks there, the
welcome login screen never appears and eventually times out and
PASV and ACTIVE setups don't change a thing.
When I try this on the physical machine it works.
I've scoured the internet for a solution for the past year (i've attempted
finding a solution several times before with no success. )
The problem exists only when trying to access FTP through Monowall on a
- I can successfully connect to FTP on a Virtual Machine bypassing Monowall
- I can successfully connect to FTP on a physical machine going through
- I CANNOT connect to FTP on a Virtual Machine going through Monowall.
Hopefully some one has come across and found this a solution to this. I
know im not the only person experiencing this:
other people experiencing this issue.
*I've played around with the 'promiscuous mode' settings in vmware with no
Perhaps im missing something although the post doesn't state that this
resolves the FTP issue.