[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Joe Cavaliere <joe at trans dash plus dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VMware + Monowall = FTP not working
 Date:  Mon, 6 Feb 2012 20:25:35 +0100
On 06.02.2012, at 19:22, Joe Cavaliere wrote:

> The problem I have is when trying to access an FTP server OUTSIDE my
> network with the VMWARE image.
> CommandLine FTP or any FTP client says  "connected" but locks there, the
> welcome login screen never appears and eventually times out and
> disconnects.

I'm wondering if this could be related to hardware checksum support in the (virtual) NICs. Please
try running the following commands to disable HW checksumming on the LAN/WAN interfaces and see if
the problem still occurs (note: the setting won't stick across reboots):

ifconfig em0 -rxcsum -txcsum
ifconfig em1 -rxcsum -txcsum

Would also be interesting to hear whether the problem also occurs with the latest 1.8 beta...

- Manuel