[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Joe Cavaliere <joe at trans dash plus dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VMware + Monowall = FTP not working
 Date:  Mon, 6 Feb 2012 21:00:14 +0100
On 06.02.2012, at 20:54, Joe Cavaliere wrote:

> I have executed the 2 commands by visiting /exec.php page and executed both commands
>
> ifconfig em0 -rxcsum -txcsum
> ifconfig em1 -rxcsum -txcsum
>
> When I try to FTP to a server, the Monowall console shows:
> in_cksum_skip: out of data by 20

Interesting... That does seem to indicate that the problem is checksumming-related.

> connecting to FTP still not working on VMWARE .
> *Note that my LAN and WAN use lnc0 & lnc1

I'd strongly suggest changing your .vmx file to switch all four virtual NICs to e1000. The lnc
driver is hopelessly outdated and has bad performance (and perhaps bugs too...).

See here: http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1003020

- Manuel