I've got a curious problem. I've got ftth, with ipv6. The connection is over a vlan with pppoe. This
works fine for ipv4 but I can't get ipv6 to work. It worked once, but after a reboot I can't get it
to obtain it's ipv6 subnet anymore. There are RA's on the pop interface (ng0) but nothing happens,
it only creates a self assigned ipv6 on the wan, but theres on ipv6 traffic to the wan and no /64.
- Using PPPoE over fiber. m0n0wall is directly connected to the FTU
- Internally IPv6 is working fine
- ISP delivers routed IPv6 /48 subnet and sends RA's to WAN interface
- Using setup below:
a. At first IPv4 works, IPv6 doesn't
b. When checked, net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv = 0
c. changed to net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv = 1 and then m0n0wall did set IPv6
address for the WAN interface and DNS servers
d. after reboot, IPv6 on WAN obviously was lost
e. setting net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv = 1 again didn't change anything:
- Now the m0n0wall logs the RA's on the WAN interface, but doesn't use them.
- Tried to setup the LAN interface with DHCP-PD, since I read that my ISP (xs4all.nl) uses PD. But
that didn't change anything
- Tried setting 'Sent route advertisements' to enabled on WAN, no difference.
- I get the following log entries:
Feb 6 23:04:52 m0n0wall ipmon: 23:04:51.805353 2x ng0 @0:15 b fe80::204:76ff:fe21:8100 ->
ff02::2 PR icmpv6 len 48 72 icmpv6 groupmemberterm/0 OUT multicast
Feb 6 23:04:55 m0n0wall ipmon: 23:04:54.816124 ng0 @0:15 b fe80::204:76ff:fe21:8100 ->
ff02::2:8ff3:3806 PR icmpv6 len 48 72 icmpv6 groupmemberreport/0 OUT multicast
Feb 6 23:04:58 m0n0wall ipmon: 23:04:57.815652 ng0 @0:15 b fe80::204:76ff:fe21:8100 ->
ff02::1:ff21:8122 PR icmpv6 len 48 72 icmpv6 groupmemberreport/0 OUT multicast
Feb 6 23:05:01 m0n0wall rtadvd: <ra_input> received RA from fe80::90:1a00:1a4:1f2 on
Relevant m0n0wall settings:
- IPv6 is enabled
- Type: PPPoE
- IPv6 mode: PPP
- LAN & OPT1:
- IPv6 mode: static
- IPv6 address: /64
-> suggested IPv6 address: 'Router advertisements are not enabled on WAN interface.'
- IPv6 RA: all options set
- clients on LAN and OPT1 work fine when using ipv6 to *internal* addresses
I'm lost, any suggestions?