[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Cavaliere <joe at trans dash plus dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VMware + Monowall = FTP not working
 Date:  Tue, 7 Feb 2012 11:45:00 -0500
You my friend are AWESOME!
THATS EXACTLY what the problem was.
Even before trying it out I KNEW this would definitely work, long and
behold... IT DID..

Changing adapter type for nics did not work for me, so i did the following

Steps I've taken to make this work :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) used vmware converter to clone monowall (so I can do testing on this new
clone, rather than messing up current firewall settings)
2) deleted the NICs from new vmware cloned monowall
3) readded the NICS and selected : adapter type -> e1000
4) Started new VM and setup interfaces & Ip addresses
5) downloaded the configuration from webgui on the old vm monowall
6) restores configuration on the new vm monowall
7) shut down old VM monowall & setup original ip address of new firewall.

voila done... works, no more checksum errors and I can now FTP with no
issues. Problem resolved!
Thank you Manuel
Joe