[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Static route required when using domain overrides in DNS forwarder over IPsec VPN
 Date:  Fri, 17 Feb 2012 11:20:01 -0500
On 02/15/12 23:25, Chris Buechler wrote:
> It's just a fact of life, the static route makes it pick the correct
> source IP (the LAN IP) which is required for it to match the SPD and
> hence go across the VPN. Not all services have an option to work
> around that.

(oops, originally responded to Chris directly. Posting here now)

Thanks for that info Chris.   It's not a big deal, but it did catch me off
guard when I made some recent changes and I thought I'd ask if there might be
a way to work around that issue as with the syslogging.

Thanks!

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC