[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kira <kira at fantasyhaven dot me>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how to use dyndns behind a router
 Date:  Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:49:52 -0500
dsl modems still work over ppoe, however these days it's setup
transparrently and user never sees it.  connect the dsl modem directly
to your computer and enter it's settings,  look for an option to put it
in bridge mode,  you can then initiate a ppoe connection from your
m0n0wall install using your dsl username and password.  AT&T is one
example of a company that handles setup transparently when you access
their dsl setup page.

if this isn't an option,  look in your dsl modem for an option to
forward the public ip to your lan,  most but not all modems have it.  if
you're using a 2wire brand modem,  the solution is to throw it in the
trash and get a basic single port with no wireless dsl modem such as
those made by motorola and speedstream.

last possible solution is to see if the m0n0wall ddns client supports
getting your ip from the server rather than the wan port.

On 3/22/12 9:40 AM, bigbrother at gmx dot ch wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use the m0n0wall behind a dsl router. PPPoE is not supported anymore so I need to forward all
external initiated traffic to the m0n0wall with a private ip on the wan interface.

> My problem:
>
> DynDns doesn't work anymore because the public ip is bound on dsl router. Is there a way to
configure dyndns for such scenario?