[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal: WLAN Authentification without entering Voucher ID or user name / password pair
 Date:  Mon, 02 Apr 2012 17:14:55 -0500
On 04/02/2012 04:27 PM, Ralf Petry wrote:
> Hy,
> I'm running m0n0wall in its latest stable version and I experience, that users sometimes can use
the captive portal without having to enter either a voucher id or a user / password pair. I've built
a web page, that would allow for both: either entering user name and password or voucher id. Leaving
the fields blank and clicking on "continue" gives users access to the internet... what more
information would you need to help me?
> also there are two linux based internet terminals, which provide the same strange and not-wanted
behaviour...
> thanks in advance.

If your DHCP timeout is shorter than your CP idle timeout, they may be
getting out on an IP used by someone else...

			Lee