[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James L. Lauser" <james at jlauser dot net>
 To:  Stefan Ott <stefan at ott dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Performance issues on WRAP
 Date:  Sat, 21 Apr 2012 23:41:06 -0400
Even the "high end" WRAP devices don't have very fast CPUs. What's likely
happening when you're pushing that much bandwidth is that your device is
spending all of its CPU time handling interrupts that are coming from the
network interfaces. You can alleviate some of this CPU load by switching
your interfaces over to "polling" mode. You can do this on the Advanced tab
of the interface. Note that interface polling will slightly increase
latency.

--  James L. Lauser
    james at jlauser dot net
    http://jlauser.net/