[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Passing traffic through OPT -> WAN interface bridging.
 Date:  Thu, 08 Nov 2012 00:39:31 +0000
On 08/11/12 00:16, Harbert, Orangebox Networks wrote:
> M0n0wall does not support multi-wan, if you need multi-wan use pfSense
>
> cheers!
 > --
 > Harbert
 >
 > On Wed, 7 Nov 2012 15:10:40 -0700, P-K <boysetsfire at gmail dot com> wrote:
 > > I have bridged my OPT interface with me WAN interface. I am able to
 > > ping
 > > the WAN IP from a server on the OPT side. I am not able to ping
 > anything
 > > beyond that (i.e. the gateway). I have added a allow all ICMP rule
 > > on both
 > > the WAN and OPT firewall rules. What could I be missing?

Jason isn't trying to do multi-WAN!  He's bridging OPT and WAN and
having difficulties getting his server on OPT talking to anything on WAN
except the WAN IP address.

I have previously had this running successfully, having run my mail, DNS
and web servers like this.  I now have a dedicated server in a data
centre so no longer have this configuration.

I don't recall experiencing any problems, though.

Are you able to packet capture from outside the WAN interface to see if
your packets are leaving m0n0wall?  Also, are there any entries in the
logs on monowall?

Regards,

Neil.