[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Jim Spaloss <jspaloss at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Payne Jr, Ash C" <Ash dot Payne at chartercom dot com>, m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Androids won't pass traffic
 Date:  Tue, 19 Mar 2013 09:18:38 +0000
Hi,

> I finally narrowed the issue down to a configuration issue with the APs. I
> had the transmit rate locked to a certain MCS rate, which apparently the
> android clients did not like. This was after rebuilding the switch config.

you have to be careful if playing with MCS configurations - as there are mandatory
requirements - we found that disabling the lowest rate (in an attempt to ensure all
clients got a reasonable speed if they could associate) would crash any Mac OSX device
(divide by zero error in the driver..nice!)...i think Apple fixed that.... however,
our kit shouldnt have allowed us to disable that rate, the RFC clearly states that
the rate is mandatory 8-)

alan