[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gold Dragon Inc" <golddragoninc at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  How to block certain web sites with m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:12:05 +0700
Dear all M0n0wall experts

I would like to know if the new m0n0wall have any feature to block a certain
websites by its domain name? For example I want to block all access to
domain playboy.com. Currently what I do is I play around with DNS server
where I created a dummy dns entry for playboy.com to access dead address. So
everyone trying to browse to any site with playboy.com domain will go to the
fake address.

Currently m0n0wall only blocks by IP, but this is not enough because if one
IP is blocked, the DNS server outside the company will just reroute the
request to the next available unblocked IP.

Can anyone help me with this solution? I really hate having to play with the
DNS server.

Thank you

Rendra