[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gold Dragon Inc" <golddragoninc at gmail dot com>
 To:  "'Patrick Barber'" <pdjbarber at gmail dot com>, "'Jakob Strebel'" <jakob at teamstrebel dot ch>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "'Gold Dragon Inc'" <golddragoninc at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How to block certain web sites with m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:07:49 +0700
The thing is that I need some of m0n0wall features such as captive portal,
but It would also be good to have domain blocking feature. I know some
mikrotik firewall has it, but it would be a waste to drop m0n0wall since it
is already working just fine. I just need that one small feature.

I also ran some tests and it seemed that DNS forwarding in m0n0wall can be
used to trick all the internal computers to go to fake IP when requesting
certain websites. Please confirm me whether I am right or wrong.

I set the DNS Forwarding for playboy.com to 255.255.255.255 and tried to go
there and the page just looping infinitely with nothing to show.

Thank you

Rendra