[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Louis Desjardins <louis at ldhl dot ca>
 To:  'Gold Dragon Inc' <golddragoninc at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How to block certain web sites with m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 20 Mar 2013 07:42:07 -0400
I solved this issue by adding a gateway behind M0n0wall. I set up a machine
with Untangle in bridge mode. Untangle is LINUX based. The base package is
free. It can require a sizeable computer depending on the load and which
apps you opt to install. Mine is a core2 duo with 2 GB RAM  and a pair of
Intel Pro 1000  network adapters. It is overkill for my network, a much
smaller machine would do. You would have to size yours according to your
needs. The various filters provided by untangle include web and application
filtering. So far, the free apps are sufficient for my needs, but there are
paid apps also, which provide a greater level of performance and control.

On my network, anyone trying to get to playboy.com, for example, will get a
page saying that this destination is blocked.

I hope that this can help.

LD