[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jakob Strebel <jakob at teamstrebel dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  Patrick Barber <pdjbarber at gmail dot com>, Gold Dragon Inc <golddragoninc at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to block certain web sites with m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:44:50 +0100
Hi,
Would a solution help if the DNS request form the CP being answered from OpenDNS. The DNS form the
LAN would go to another DNS Server?

Jakob

> The thing is that I need some of m0n0wall features such as captive portal, but It would also be
good to have domain blocking feature. I know some mikrotik firewall has it, but it would be a waste
to drop m0n0wall since it is already working just fine. I just need that one small feature.

> I also ran some tests and it seemed that DNS forwarding in m0n0wall can be used to trick all the
internal computers to go to fake IP when requesting certain websites. Please confirm me whether I am
right or wrong.

> I set the DNS Forwarding for playboy.com to 255.255.255.255 and tried to go there and the page
just looping infinitely with nothing to show.

> Thank you
> Rendra

Alot easier than trying to do it in m0n0wall...or any other firewall for that matter.

> On 20 March 2013 08:20, Jakob Strebel <jakob at teamstrebel dot ch> wrote:
> Try to use Open DNS
> Jakob
smime.p7s (5.0 KB, application/pkcs7-signature)