[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gold Dragon Inc" <golddragoninc at gmail dot com>
 To:  "'Gold Dragon Inc'" <golddragoninc at gmail dot com>, "'Klaus Stock'" <ks at stock dash consulting dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How to block certain web sites with m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:03:53 +0700
Dear All

This is what I found from pfSense FAQ for blocking web sites:
http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Blocking_websites
Using DNS
If using the built in DNS Forwarder, you can enter an override under Services > DNS Forwarder to
resolve the website you want to block to an invalid IP (such as 127.0.0.1).

I guess that answers my own questions :) Although a feature like untangle would certainly be nice,
which is a page to greet user when their websites are blocked, like captive portal page.

Thanks, I guess I am sticking to m0n0wall for now :) unless someone has something else to add?

Thank you
Rendra