[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to block certain web sites with m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 21 Mar 2013 03:42:06 -0500
On 03/21/2013 02:03 AM, Gold Dragon Inc wrote:
> Dear All
>
> This is what I found from pfSense FAQ for blocking web sites:
> http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Blocking_websites
> Using DNS
> If using the built in DNS Forwarder, you can enter an override under Services > DNS Forwarder to
resolve the website you want to block to an invalid IP (such as 127.0.0.1).

> I guess that answers my own questions :) Although a feature like untangle would certainly be nice,
which is a page to greet user when their websites are blocked, like captive portal page.

> Thanks, I guess I am sticking to m0n0wall for now :) unless someone has something else to add?

I have used untangle, and the web and mail filtering capabilities are
quite good.  It can be a nice compliment to m0n0wall.  But that said, if
you set up a simple website on a local server that says "page blocked,
you naughty boy," and have DNS forward to that, you may have all you need.

			Lee