[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ludvik Roubicek <ludvik at roubicek dot net>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem with slow and nonreliable IPSec tunnel
 Date:  Fri, 31 May 2013 02:15:22 +0200
Dne 31.5.2013 1:34, Lee Sharp napsal(a):
> On 05/30/2013 05:45 PM, Ludvik Roubicek wrote:
>> I have lowered the MTU on both ends to 1400. Fragmented packets are
>> allowed in advanced settings, firewall rules and tunnel configuration.
>> They confirm that the connection is slightly faster now.
>> The ping response time ranges from 20ms to 200ms but there is no packet
>> lost.
>> Actuallly I don't know the type of the connection, I have just ethernet
>> on both ends with border IP adresses.
>> The problem with RDP persists and the speed of copying thru the tunnel
>> is the same (about 250kB/s).
>
> Look at the CPU graph of each system while copying a file.  If that is
> not pegged, we can keep going.
>
>             Lee

The CPU usage is approx 15-20% on both of them when copying the 200MB
ISO image thru the tunnel. Speed is about 280kB/s.
But when I connect using PPTP to each single node and upload/download
from/to my desktop to/from respective PC the speed is about 1MB/s
(outside the rush hours).
It seems like network problem somewhere between their 2 sites or some
bad configuration.
Ludvik