[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Self-Suffocation on Soekris - why?
 Date:  Sat, 22 Jun 2013 13:20:55 -0500
On 06/22/2013 01:59 AM, Uwe Dippel wrote:
> With no solution to this problem yet, another thing I tried was a simple
> ifconfig ath0 down && ifconfig ath0 up. That also solves the problem, until
> it creeps up again.
> To me, that indicates a problem with the driver; some buffer must be
> cloaked or choking.
> Since I didn't get any reply, I guess that nobody had an idea.?
> What I'd like to ask for next, then, would be a simple way to run this
> command on a regular base. How could this be done?

I like to decouple WiFi and firewall for reasons just like this...  That
and I have never seen a Linux AP with performance anything close to as
good as an EnGenius AP.

That said, yes it sounds like your WiFi segment is failing.  It could be
the ath driver, or it could be hostAP.  Jump up to the 1.8 beta series,
and see if it still fails.  If so, use the scheduler to bounce ath0
every week.  I am wondering if is time alive, or just a random
occurrence that is somewhat uncommon.

			Lee