[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gold Dragon Inc." <golddragoninc at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Traffic Shaper Rules Question
 Date:  Thu, 22 Aug 2013 00:47:07 +0700
Hi all

Can someone confirm me if what I did is correct?

I have a small office of 10 or so people. Some of them hog the internet
bandwith and I want to limit this people's bandwidth. This is what I did:

1.       I created an alias of network ip range of the suspected users.

2.       Then I created a traffic shaper pipe of 512Kbps

3.       Then I entered a traffic shaper rule and choose the interface WAN
and the intended alias.

Is this the correct way? Especially the WAN, I assume I should use WAN
interface in the traffic shaper rules page to limit internet bandwidth.
Please tell me if I am wrong.

Thank you

Rendra