[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaper Rules Question
 Date:  Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:37:04 -0500
On 08/21/2013 12:47 PM, Gold Dragon Inc. wrote:
> Hi all
>

> Can someone confirm me if what I did is correct?

If you are not sure, use the wizard.  It will make ration default
choices for you and give you a very good starting point.  All you have
to do is say how big you pipe is.  (Not how big it can be, as in
burstable, but what it IS after being loaded a while)

Also check "Share bandwidth evenly on LAN" as it makes a big difference,
but do not worry about "Set P2P traffic to lowest priority" as it is
port based, and most p2p clients are not anymore.

Then you can create new pipes and shove the pigs into them if you need,
but you may find that it is not an issue anymore.

			Lee