[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaper Rules Question
 Date:  Thu, 22 Aug 2013 12:58:49 -0500
On 08/22/2013 12:41 AM, Gold Dragon Inc. wrote:
> Dear Lee
>
> I tried the wizard before, but somehow it did not get me the result I
> wanted. Also, what does share bandwidth evenly on LAN do? Just share the LAN
> Bandwidth or does it share the Internet bandwidth as well? I have no issue
> with LAND bandwidth so far, but internet has been an issue and my intention
> is to discourage users to hog bandwidth.

The "Share Bandwidth Evenly on the LAN" checkbox means that when
bandwindth is contested, everyone gets an equal share.  The one guy on
Windows update can not take over the pipe.  Makes a huge difference in
responsiveness.  It may fix your "the Internet is slow" issue with no
other changes.

But if you still need to cage the users, you can add a new pipe at low
bandwidth and stuff them in.

			Lee