[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  1.34b1 released - testers needed
 Date:  Thu, 1 Nov 2012 15:20:16 +0100
Hello loyal m0n0wall users,

a maintenance version in the m0n0wall 1.3 branch has been released: 1.34b1 includes the CSRF-related
fixes recently made to the beta branch, as well as a few others security-relevant things. Nothing is
high priority (CSRF is a concern mostly for those who save the webGUI credentials in their browser
and then end up visiting malicious sites), but once 1.34b1 has received some wider testing, it will
be re-released as 1.34, and 1.33 users will be recommended to upgrade.

There are no major functionality changes (see the note concerning exec_raw.php and uploadconfig.php
in the change log if you use those script interfaces), but I'd still be grateful if some of you
could give 1.34b1 a try and especially check if the various webGUI functions still work as expected.

Those who use the traffic shaper extensively may be interested in the fact that the rules can now
finally be moved around just like on the firewall rules page :)

Downloads:

cdrom: http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/cdrom-1.34b1.iso

embedded: http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/embedded-1.34b1.img

generic-pc: http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/generic-pc-1.34b1.img

generic-pc-serial: http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/generic-pc-serial-1.34b1.img

VM: http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/generic-pc-1.34b1-vm.zip

Change log:

http://m0n0.ch/wall/changelog.php

In other news, we expect a release candidate of 1.8 (based on FreeBSD 8.3) to be available later
this year, so that users with modern hardware can eventually make the transition.

Regards,

Manuel