[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ralf Petry <petry at cypy dot de>
 To:  Daniel Jokinen <daniel dot jokinen at linford dot se>
 Subject:  Re: SV: [m0n0wall] Increase number of available ip-addresses
 Date:  Thu, 12 Sep 2013 11:53:57 +0200
Ha! Brilliant! Never thought about that... . Thanks for the hint - I was
so oriented towards 255.255.255.0 ...
I'll work through the article and consider that solution...
Thank You.

Ralf

Am 12.09.13 11:47, schrieb Daniel Jokinen:
> Hi, it sound to me like you need to expand your subnet. Easiest way to explain is that if you
change the subnet mask on the network to 255.255.0.0, you would get around 65500 available IP
addresses on the network. Make sure you understand what it's all about before you do anything
though. Here is a wikipedia article about subnetting that explains this concept very good:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subnetwork

> Good luck!
>
> /Daniel Jokinen

the Voucher function. I understand, that the number of available ip-addresses given by the
DHCP-Server is limited. Nevertheless, I have been asked, if there was the possibility to include
more than 250 ip-requests. (Don't ask me about the sense...) The only way I could imagine, is, with
allowing my WLAN-Access Points to set up their own subnets and route to the m0n0wall instead of
passing through the adress-requests from the clients.