[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Gold Dragon Inc." <golddragoninc at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Question Regarding Network Domain Control and soekris
 Date:  Fri, 13 Sep 2013 10:36:15 +0700
Dear All Expert

I am sorry I have to ask this in this forum because I don't have any
reference to experts in both ubuntu and Windows environment. I figure,
m0n0wall experts are the most mixed users here.

I have two questions:

1.       What type of soekris is compatible with the latest m0n0wall? Where
can I buy it? I live in Indonesia.

2.       What method to use to set up domain environment like windows
domain/active directory where user can logon to any computer on the network
with centralized domain authentication (Username and password) like in
Windows. I am planning to go from windows to all Linux office environment.
The method I can think off is NIS server, but some says NIS is outdated
technology. I am stuck with windows domain/active directory. Don't ask me
why we move, it is company policy.

Thank you for all your helps.

Rendra