[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: SV: [m0n0wall] Increase number of available ip-addresses
 Date:  Fri, 13 Sep 2013 13:27:56 -0500
On 09/13/2013 11:34 AM, Daniel Jokinen wrote:
> To be perfectly honest we never use anything else than Cisco
 > wireless enterprise solutions that consists of ap's with really
 > high throughput, directly connected to a gigabit switch, and we
 > always avoid 10/100's.

I had an absolute NIGHTMARE with a Cisco Enterprise Wireless Enterprise
solution.

It was in a highly reflective environment, and the controller was trying
to out-think the reflections.  No one could stay connected for more than
a minute or two, and all the reconnection and netbios broadcast storms
were killing that entire network segment.  After a full week with the
Cisco TAC, the vendor engineer and the parent company engineer on the
phone (Can't trust the poor contractor to know what he is doing...) and
no fix, we replaced it all with 3 EnGenius APs and everything was rock
solid in 3 hours.

And we had a $20k credit with the vendor.

Sometimes you do NOT get what you pay for. :)

			Lee