[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ulrik Lunddahl <ul at proconsult dot dk>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SV: SV: [m0n0wall] Increase number of available ip-addresses
 Date:  Mon, 16 Sep 2013 09:19:24 +0000
Hi Lee!

My point with this comment was to remind everyone that Wireless Ethernet is nothing close to
switches, If you have to compare them to anything, they should be seen more like hubs.

I work with Wireless Networks every day, primarily for customers with performance/stability
problems.

A lot of the problems our clients have is related to bad design, and nowadays where everyone and the
cleaning lady has 3-4 devices each, overcrowded subnets is very common, and often a source to all
kind of related badness.

So all that I'm saying is, in your design, make sure to remember that Wireless Networks is not at
all like switches with cables.

- Ulrik Lunddahl