[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bob McConnell <rmcconne at lightlink dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: SV: SV: [m0n0wall] Increase number of available ip-addresses
 Date:  Mon, 16 Sep 2013 07:36:01 -0400
I suspect the biggest misunderstanding with wireless networks is how the
radio channels work. Unlike Ethernet, where adding switches and cables
gives you more bandwidth at the lowest levels, wireless has a limited
number of channels that all of those computers must share. The more
computers, the more contention for those few channels. Even if the
computers are spread out so that some of them can't hear each other,
they will still interfere with every WAP that can.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP