[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ulrik Lunddahl <ul at proconsult dot dk>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SV: SV: SV: [m0n0wall] Increase number of available ip-addresses
 Date:  Tue, 17 Sep 2013 09:54:10 +0000
Yes and if you compare how popular and widespread it actually is, it makes no sense why more of the
frequency band has not been allocated to this purpose, but this is whole other discussion.

A broadcast is far more effective compared to send the same information to every client, as long as
they share the same medium, so being able to use broadcasts for something is actually good for the
medium... and bad for battery life from a client perspective, it's all a compromise, and it's never
really simple.

:-)

- Ulrik