[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Writing to Micro SD Card with Generic Card Reader
 Date:  Sat, 09 Nov 2013 22:29:13 -0600
On 11/09/2013 09:24 PM, Gold Dragon Inc. wrote:
> Dear Fred
>
> Yes i started with -u on the pysdiskwrite. I even tried using HP USB Disk
> Storage Formatter and it managed to write the first 8KB, then error again
> like the first message. One thing I realize is that with USB Flash Drive, I
> can partition it with windows, but with the MicroSD card, I cannot partition
> it, only format it. Is this the cause? Maybe when trying to rewrite the
> partition somehow it is not allowed.
>
> Is there other tools to apply m0n0wall to microSD card?

You can burn it with a Linux live CD as well.  The command would be;

zcat ./generic-pc-1.34.img | dd of=/dev/sdc bs=16k

Note SDC is the third "drive" in the system for me.  I found it on the
last line from a "mount" command...
/dev/sdc1 on /media/KINGSTON type vfat
(rw,nosuid,nodev,uid=1000,gid=1000,shortname=mixed,dmask=0077,utf8=1,showexec,flush,uhelper=udisks)