[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VLANs with seperate WANs
 Date:  Tue, 12 Nov 2013 22:31:56 -0600
On 11/12/2013 10:08 PM, David Burgess wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Daniel Jokinen
> <daniel dot jokinen at linford dot se> wrote:
>
>> It seems I would need to setup a router with 5 physical ports; 3 VLANs and 2 WANs, and static
route the traffic so that each VLAN uses their own WAN. VLAN 1 and 2 wouldn't route, except to VLAN
3 where the MFP sits. Am I making any sense?

> Your plan sounds correct, but m0n0wall supports 1 WAN only. You may
> want to look at pfsense, which is capable of what you are describing.

No, pfSense can only load balance or failover.  It can not send one
network to one wan and another network to another wan.  He needs two
firewalls. (And a link between them.)

			Lee