[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Daniel Jokinen <daniel dot jokinen at linford dot se>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  [m0n0wall] VLANs with seperate WANs
 Date:  Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:58:03 +0100
> I use it and it can indeed. It's a simple matter of choosing your
> gateway on a pass rule.
>
> https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Multi-WAN_2.0#Firewall_Rules

I see. As always the question is just as much "is it technically and monetary sound?". I.e. is it
difficult to get it going or is it just a matter of setting up rules?

I also had another thought last night, if you'd want to comment on that. It's almost as you said it
Lee;
> You will need to stick with the two routers

What if I use a switch to setup VLANs, say port 1-3 VLAN100, port 4-6 physical network, port 7-9
VLAN200, then keep the routers they already have within each VLAN and let them go about as usual.
Will the routers understand the traffic even if it's not VLAN capable, or does it need to untag the
packets?

Sorry for such a basic question but I always kind of assumed everything needs to be vlan capable so
I never really asked the question (noob!) :)

/Daniel